I caught this movie Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock (2009) just started showing on HBO few days ago and it kept me going! Today, I saw the interview among the stars and the real Family portrayed in the Film.
It was about a Christian Family who helped Michael Oher become part of a loving family and helped him bring out his potentials to become a Superstar Athlete!
Some qualities you will see
1. Michael’s humble demeanor earned him trust . Mike was very real about who he was in the way he expressed himself and was humble enough to admit he has a need. Well, it’s innate for us to be a prideful, so when he was asked how he was initially, he said he was fine, even he wasn’t. After being asked twice, sincerely, he admitted he could use some help.
2. Getting to know who the family will keep trusting and helping matters. When you trust someone to be close to you, it helps to know as much as you can about the person. Yes, for things you may need to be concerned of, but more especially for finding out the things where you can be of more help.
3. Communication is primary to building a relationship…Being open, honest and trusting will paved the way to a brighter and more pleasant future together.
4. A Family that prays together, stays together. The film showed how they were grateful for God’s provision and blessings! If I got it right, they own a number of restaurants.
The word of God says, God delights in the prosperity of His children. If you are rich, God surely have a reason why He allowed to give you a lot, besides, it is He who gives the ability to produce wealth. If you are not rich, you can be, the word says He can do exceedingly above all we can ever ask or imagine.
5. Love is giving time. The family was rich but their daily life showed them spending quality time despite their busy schedule. They went to games together, ate together, travelled a lot together. This movie is a must see for everyone in the family.
One thing I know, helping truly never goes out of style!
It was a great movie, I highly recommend it! If there was any downside to watching Blind Side when I was me missing my Friday Night bible study group because the wall clock I see in front of me by the tv was late… It showed 630pm, but it was actually 8PM . Time to change the clock battery!
You can order a the Blind Side DVD here.
If you want to be part of the loving family of God, you are welcome! It doesn’t matter what your past is, what you have done, rich or poor, what ever the color of your skin. You can be part of God’s family and enjoy the benefits of having the God who created the heavens and the earth as your Father, Jesus as not only as your Lord and Saviour but also your friend.Start Slide Show with PicLens Lite